Who Can Apply?
- AUWCL students
- Minimum 3.0 WCL grade point average
- In good academic standing at WCL
- Full-time student at time of departure
- Earned at least 59 WCL ABA law credits before departure; we recommend that students complete at least 62 credits before going abroad
- Submit undergraduate school transcripts for evaluation
- Completed all WCL degree requirements (upper level writing requirement, professional skills requirement and any others that are implemented) before departure
- Fluent in Italian (Reading/writing/speaking) with a demonstrated working knowledge of Latin (reading and some writing)
- Application form
- Statement of interest in English (one page maximum)
- Statement of interest in Italian (one page maximum)
- One letter of recommendation (professional or academic reference preferred)
- WCL academic transcript
- Undergraduate academic transcript
- Copy of passport
- Proof of Italian fluency and working knowledge of Latin:
- Take the Certification of Italian as a Foreign Language (CILS) exam and score a 3 or 4.
- Students with university degrees in an Italian -speaking country must show the certificate or degree obtained within the last three (3) years.
- Undergraduate transcripts will be used for evaluating Latin proficiency
- All interested student should consult with the Office of Global Opportunities to determine language abilities.
- Panel interviews in English take place in February
- Panel interviews in Italian take place late February or early March
- Decisions sent mid-March
All materials must be submitted by 5:00pm EST on January 31st of each year.