Located in Barcelona, ESADE Law School seeks to educate highly-competent and social responsible professionals who will contribute to a more humane global society. The Law School has an international focus, evident in its extensive network of exchange programs. In addition, the law school's programs in International Business Law and Intellectual Property Law have been ranked 1st and 2nd respectively in Eduniversal's 2018 rankings. Furthermore, it is the only Law School in Spain to have a Professional Council made up of representatives from all legal professions and over 30 internationally renowned law firms.
The official language of instruction at ESADE is Spanish, however many courses are offered in English. Since the program still requires the student to attend courses in Spanish,Students applying to the program must submit proof of Spanish proficiency. students applying to the program must submit proof of Spanish proficiency.
- Students with undergraduate or graduate studies in a Spanish speaking country must show the certificate or degree obtained within the last five years.
- Students with Spanish majors (in the US) must have obtained their degree within the last five years and must provide a copy of their degree and undergraduate transcript(s).
- Students who are not in the conditions mentioned above are required to take a Spanish proficiency exam through the Language Department at AU and provide us with their results on the exam. Students must complete the exam within 30 minutes and test into the Third Year (300 Level).
Students will receive up to 12 credits towards their law degree. Only the credits and not the grades will transfer per ABA requirements. The acceptance of any credit or grade for any courses taken at the ESADE, including externships and other clinical offerings, is subject to determination by the AUWCL Office of the Registrar. AUWCL students will be enrolled in courses specifically geared to exchange students.
The following is a selection of courses offered in English. Students may choose from both English and Spanish language courses. For a more complete list, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Courses are subject to change.
- European Union Internal Market
- Competition Law
- Comparative Law
- Negotiation Skills
- An Introduction to Spanish Law
- Torts Law
- Legal Ethics
Housing and Cost of Living
Barcelona offers several lodging alternatives, from rooms in student apartments or private homes, to halls of residence, student dormitories and apartments.
For students not residing in Barcelona, ESADE offers the possibility of lodging very close to its campus facilities in the Catalonian capital, at the Residència Universitària Sarrià which, while providing lodging for students from all over the world, gives preference to those attending ESADE, by virtue of a special agreement. The International Student Advisor at ESADE can help individuals find accommodation.
For general questions and concerns please visit the Semester Abroad FAQs page.
All other questions and concerns should be directed to:
4300 Nebraska Avenue, NW, Suite Y360
Washington, DC, 20016 USA
Telephone: (202) 274-4228