|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Language of Instruction:||English|
CHILE/ARGENTINA SUMMER LAW PROGRAM
American University Washington College of Law has decided to suspend the Chile/Argentina Summer Law Program for Summer 2015. All students who have submitted seat deposits for the program are encouraged to email email@example.com for further advising.
- Members of the US-Chile Free Trade Agreement negotiation team
- Current litigators before the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the Inter-American Court of Human Rights (IACHR), and the International Center for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- Former Commissioners and Judges of the IACHR
- Members of the Chilean Federal Reserve (Central Bank)
- Human rights, women's rights, and indigenous rights litigators, advocates, and policy makers
- General Counsel of large international companies based in Chile
- Attorneys from large and medium size law firms in Chile
- Expert law professors from Chile and Argentina in the fields covered by the Program
- Current and former justices of the Chilean Constitutional Court
In addition to classes, students will participate in site visits and social activities:
- Visit to the Chilean Congress in the port city of Valparaiso and weekend in the beach city of Viña del Mar.
- Visit to the Supreme Court. In previous years, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court has engaged in a spontaneous Q&A session with students.
- Visit to the Supreme Court, Government House or the Congress in Argentina.
- Visit to Villa Grimaldi, a former detention Center during the first years of the Pinochet dictatorship in Chile.
- Visit to a Chilean prison facility and conversations with public defenders and prosecutors.
- Optional Ski weekend in the Andes Mountains (Subject to weather conditions).
- Optional weekly Movie Night. Each week the program will show a Chilean or Argentine movie. Pizza and beverages will be provided to students.
- Optional visits to museums and other sites of interests in Santiago and its surroundings.
- Optional visit to a winery near Santiago.
Courses & Credits
Externships / Internships
Expenses, Travel & Housing
About the Schools
For general questions and concerns please visit the Summer Abroad FAQ page.
All other questions and concerns about the Chile Summer Law Program should be directed to:
Shawn M. Bates
4400 Massachusetts Ave., NW
East Quad Bldg. 309
Washington, DC 20016
Telephone: (202) 885-6169
Applicants who would like to participate in the program and are not seeking law school credit, please find the application here
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|